TO kalford [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : TO kalford

Amelia
07-12-2001, 09:33 AM
Hey Kalford! You said that two women own a large tile distributorship in West Tennessee, well what's the name of it, and exactly where is it? I'm from Huntsville, Alabama and I could get there within a very reasonable amount of time probably. If it's cheaper to buy tile there rather than in the tile store, I would drive a few hours! Thanks!
~Amelia

Sponsored Links

kalford
07-12-2001, 10:49 AM
Hey Amelia,
The name of it is CTW(Ceramic Tile Warehouse)
123 Ragland Rd A-8
Jackson,TN.
800-664-0188
(731) 664-1582

Connie and Wanda are the ladies that run the show.Wanda will be the one most likely to help you as Connie is out doing estimates alot of the time.They have a huge selection and are competitive in pricing.They use top quality products to install their tile.Mostly C-Cure.
Tell them Keith from "Alford Tile Setting" sent you.

Derek & Jacqui
07-12-2001, 02:18 PM
Sorry to butt in Keith.
Amelia, I am Jacqui, and my husband and I do a lot of work for Ceramic Tile Warehouse and concur with Keith that you would get quality service and quality tile from them. They have an immense range of tile and their range of decorative tile is better than any we have seen in Tennessee. It would be worth the trip just to see their displays.

kalford
07-12-2001, 02:47 PM
Not at all Jacqui.I was gonna come back and refer Amelia to yall anyway.

Amelia
07-14-2001, 04:04 PM
Derek & Jacqui and keith, We would love to be able to have our tile professionally installed, but we can't afford it because we are required to do so very much work on this house. But how far from Huntsville, Alabama are you? I would be willing to pay a $50 consultants fee for an hour or two of your time for some advice! I have only done one job so far and it turned out alright, but it was only a small job. I would love the input of an expert for the big jobs.

flatfloor
07-14-2001, 04:44 PM
For 50 bucks, John will DO the job!

John Bridge
07-14-2001, 05:56 PM
50 bucks? 50 bucks? Let's see, with any luck at all it'll take me only three hours to get to the Louisianna border, then through Lousianna over to Mississip. Through Mississip and another 3 or 4 hours up to Huntsville . . . .

Naw, Amelia, you'd have to give me 75.

Seriously, if you do your shopping prudently, you can get good value for your money right where you are. You might have to go to Montgomery at most.

kalford
07-15-2001, 12:00 AM
Amelia,
Unfortunately it's about 200 miles one way.In my truck the gas would cost me about $50.00 Derek and Jacqui live about 10 miles from me. Why not try to write down an in depth description of the job and what you would like to do and let us try to help you on the forum? I'll be more than glad to help any way I can.If you have a question that you just need to talk to someone personally about,call me at;(731)627-2982

I'll do everything I can to help you complete a quality installation you can be proud of.

Amelia
07-16-2001, 04:25 PM
The reason why I ask is becuse I've just had the worst experience with a tile salesman in my hometown. I HAD planned on puchasing my tile from him, when first, I think he was gouging me on the price and second, whenever I asked him a question about the mixture of thinset and grout, etc. he didn't give me ANY information and was a complete Jackass about it! Sorry for the language, but there really isn't another word for him. Needless to say, I'm going to move on. I will however post exactly what we are doing on the forum and I have had wonderful experiences in the past with the advice that I've been given. Thank You!

Bud Cline
07-16-2001, 04:53 PM
Amelia,

Believe me when I say I would be the absolute last person on this green earth to defend a salesperson for anything.

But I must tell you that given all the brands in existance today and more and more coming onto the market almost monthly, thinset and grout products can be very technical things to deal with.

You have no idea the muriad of products and uses we have available to us on a daily basis. This is good for the industry and good for people like you.

The problem is salesmen want to sell generally, that's how they are paid. They want to sell you thinset and grout no questions asked. This guy probably had no idea how to answer your questions and was to embarrassed to say so.

I can't begin to keep up with all the products and all the changes that come my way.

John Bridge
07-16-2001, 06:27 PM
Geez, Bud, don't you see you've opened the door for Art to come back in here and preach? We're supposed to know all this stuff. :-)

Just kidding, Amelia. You're in Huntsville? Our buddy Dave Gobis is in Europe right now, but when he gets back he'll tell you the names of all the tile people within a hundred mile radius. Shoot him an email at: dave@tileschool.org And tell him all his buddies over here sent you. He'll really like that.

John

chip
07-16-2001, 08:00 PM
WE ARE GATHERED HERE TODAY, TO GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!!

I personally admire a person who speaks with their money, Amelia, you have my undying gratitude. That "Jackass", and you are excused for the lanquage, is one of the many types out there, who give this industry a black eye.

Bud is right when he says that there are so many products out there, it is impossible to keep up.

But the thing is, it isn't Rocket science. The vast majority of the products work.

Stick with the guys in this forum, as you have already found out, and you are in good hands.

But all kidding aside, watch the lanquage lady!!! Or I'll have to get the FCC on ya'.

Art (damn glad to meet ya') Phenis

kalford
07-16-2001, 08:14 PM
sounds like Art's been in the cheap hooch again.LOL

Bud Cline
07-16-2001, 10:02 PM
It's not hard to see why Art got into so much trouble as a kid. His name had nothing to do with it. That's just an excuse he uses.

Of course I must admit; that's one of the best damned excuses I have ever heard.

Amelia
07-17-2001, 10:31 AM
Well gentleman, when all is said and done on our house, we will have spent around $3000 on purchasing tile of different sorts, so this "person" at the tile store had no idea what he was missing out on until I let him in on it this morning (nicely), and explained that i will not be needing his services. The key here is that my husband and i are using expensive tiles, but they are NO different than any tiles I've seen in finer homes all over my county. Oh, this guy was the owner, not just a random salesman, he was just bent out of shape because I didn't want his installation services.P.s how do i post digital pictures to this site, so I can illustrate our progress?

Rob Z
07-17-2001, 05:02 PM
Amelia

Good...serves him right.

I think John has picture posting info listed somewhere on the homepage.

I look forward to seeing them.

Rob