Wet saw tune up [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Wet saw tune up

Lester
12-21-2004, 06:20 AM
Merry Christmas to all!

Can anyone make a few suggestions on tuning up a wet saw? I just bought a used Target on eBay (Todd, it's the cased saw you pointed out a few days ago -- thanks, I'd have never seen it). It's apparently been a rental, and I expect it may not have been treated gently. I don't have it yet, so no specifics. What's the best source of parts for Target saws? How about recommendations for blades for Quary tile?

Thank you all.

Sponsored Links

tileguytodd
12-21-2004, 07:12 AM
TM-5 is a great blade for quarry and cost effective
The new TM-7 is a smaller kerf and chip free for porcelains.
These would be the 2 blades i would put in my arsenal for your saw.use the TM-5 unless your doing intricate porcelain or diagonal porcelain work,particularly insetdiagonals with borders etc.

Parts can be had.
www.targetblue.com

I would order the books on that model right away with the parts schematic so you have part no's etc :)

What city,State are you in??

Shaughnn
12-21-2004, 07:24 AM
Lester,
Depending on where you are located, there may be a Falker/Target authorized service center close by. Here in the San Francisco Bay Area, there are several. Not so lucky for us "Red Growler" owners (MK tile saws).
If you plan on doing the work yourself, most of the pieces can be collected from a variety of sources. Things to check:
cord condition
pump and waterway condition
blade square and table carriage condition
blade bearings condition
belt and belt bearings condition
motor condition (being an enclosed case, this is where I would expect to find damage)
Congrats on your new saw. I've only ever seen one like it in the field and I've always thought that it would be practical to have one for small repairs and tight quarters.
Best of luck,
Shaughnn

tileguytodd
12-21-2004, 07:40 AM
The site i listed has an authorized dealer/service search.
They also have pdf manuals for that unit i'm sure.
I believe that was called the porta tile or porta tile 2 if i'm not mistaken.Andy would know ;)
Looks like you got a good price. New bearings and brushes is likely your worst case scenario.I thought it looked fairly clean from the pictures for a rental(which most of those were)

opiethetileman
12-21-2004, 05:28 PM
How much did u get her for?? just asking

Lester
12-21-2004, 10:12 PM
Opie,

Target Wet Tile Saw (with case) US $203.50
Shipping and handling via UPS Ground: US $53.70
Total: US $257.20