quary tile questions [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : quary tile questions

Nell Taylor
07-01-2001, 02:35 PM
I have 6 sided quary tile in a rust color on my kitchen and dining area. My husband and I laid this ourselves many years ago - much sweat! I never have been happy with the way it looked finish-wise. I am fixing to remodle mu home and want to know what I can do short of taking this tile up to update it? Can it be colored? What could be done to give it a shine instead of the dull look? Do I need to regrout after all these years? What could possibly go over it that would look good? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

John Bridge
07-01-2001, 03:59 PM
Hi Nell,

If you are thinking of a paint or something like that, it won't work. You can clean the tiles and apply a top finish that will give the surface a gloss. You can also re-color the grout if necessary. Have a look at the Aquamix products. They make everything you need. And check back. Someone else might have an idea.

http://www.aquamix.com

Bud Cline
07-01-2001, 10:48 PM
Nell comes to us from Dave Spreens Place and was referred by Lloyd. It was suggested that Nell post at the Decorators and Decor forum to see if anyone there could help in the design of her new kitchen using the existing floor tile as an anchor item.

Nells questions have now changed a little from the original post.

Lloyd was correct I think in saying that the tile color can't really be changed, now the question about shine comes. I would think if shine is desired that would be easy enough to accomplish with sealers and coatings or commercial waxes if nothing else. I see great shines all the time on commercial quarrry installations but regular maintenance is then required.