Emergency...need Quick Help [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Emergency...need Quick Help

Monicakm
08-13-2004, 07:38 PM
How can you remove ProRed from carpet???? It's dried
Monica

Sponsored Links

jgleason
08-13-2004, 08:58 PM
Tough question. You could try "Goof-Off" which removes dried latex paint. I'm not sure it will work for the RedGuard though.

I looked at Custom Building Solutions website and the datasheet they have on RedGuard doesn't mention cleanup. What does it say on the container of RedGuard that you used? Usually there will be some instructions for cleanup. Of course, if there are instructions for cleaning it probably assumes the material hasn't dried yet.

Monicakm
08-14-2004, 01:02 AM
Thanks but I looked on the bucket of ProRed first....there are no directions on how or what to use to remove it from surfaces where it doesn't belong :sick:
Monica

william keller
08-14-2004, 04:33 AM
i know that this is hindsight but i covered my carpets with a plastic that sticks to the rug, do not use on solid surfaces. then i double plasticed the walkways because i knew i would spill or get stuff all over the rugs if i did not. sorry i can not help you with your present problem.

tileguytodd
08-14-2004, 06:30 AM
Try a small chunk of Dry Ice.place it on the carpet stained area for a few minutes and you may be able to shatter the redgaurd into tiny little shards with a pliers.Check with your local grocery store about getting a small quantity.They recieve some items shipped to them in dry ice and then just throw it away.They can likely help you out for the little you would need.
Use this stuff carefully.wear gloves(heavy leather.its so cold it will burn you instantly and severly.

Steven Hauser
08-14-2004, 11:48 AM
If none of the answers work and it si a pile carpet insrtead of a berber, get some sharp nap scissors and carefully cut it out.

:)

yadax3
08-14-2004, 04:40 PM
Where would one buy some of that plastic that sticks to carpets? I've seen it but the folks at Home Depot have never heard of it. Ditto at Lowes.

KenVW
08-14-2004, 04:49 PM
I bought mine at Lowes, clear in the back where they sell tile/vinyl flooring etc.

Monicakm
08-14-2004, 05:03 PM
I've heard you can get it at Lowes and HD. If you can't find it, try a carpet supply store.
Monica