jerusalem stone [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : jerusalem stone

william keller
08-13-2004, 12:02 PM
:) i am about to lay down 12 inch jerusalem stone over ditra on my bathroom floor. would versabond under the ditra and masterblend under the stone be okay? thanks

Sponsored Links

jgleason
08-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Hi William,

For under the Ditra use a modified thinset if your subfloor is plywood. Versabond modified sounds good. If you are putting Ditra over concrete I believe you can use unmodified thinset. check Schluter's site for their installation requirements. follow their requirements so as not to void their warranty!

Have no idea about jerusalem stone but tile would be laid on the Ditra using unmodified thinset.

In my bathroom I used Versabond Gray modified to lay the Ditra (substrate was plywood) and for setting my ceramic tiles I used Masterblend unmodified.

william keller
08-14-2004, 03:28 AM
:bow: thanks joe i think i am going to use versabond for both. what would you other fellas use? if different than this please feel free to give a little advice. :)

tileguytodd
08-14-2004, 05:33 AM
Bill, if you use a modified thinset on top of the Ditra you will need to wait a very long time before grouting and allowing traffic(we are talking weeks here)
Use a non modified thinset to set your stone.Flat trowel the backs of each piece burning in some thinset before placing into your combed thinset bed.

william keller
08-14-2004, 11:07 AM
:bow: thanks todd i will use unmodified to set the stone with a back butter. good advice.i would hate to have to wait weeks. :)