Tile Sealant, what are good brands? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Tile Sealant, what are good brands?

dk2surf
08-13-2004, 12:30 PM
We are getting ready to seal some ceramic and porcelain tiles. What brand and what grade (some brands have cheaper and more expensive versions of sealant) does anyone recommend or particularly like to work with. These are for floor tiles, and we do want to seal the tiles as well as I have been told it helps with the washability (mopping). Both tiles have a little bit of a rough texture but are not porous.
THanks,
Dawn

Sponsored Links

Rd Tile
08-13-2004, 04:10 PM
You don't want to seal those tile, it will leave a hard to get off film on them, you can seal the grout if you like.:)

Damp mop with hot water and a nuetral cleaner once a week, you'll be fine, glazed floor tile is the easiest flooring to keep clean.:)

Here's a good one that you can get at HD, if you decide to seal the grout.:)

http://www.aquamix.com/

dreamr
08-15-2004, 01:13 AM
Hi Dawn, I agree with Rd just seal the grout ! I have used and liked TILELAB also at HD

Davy
08-15-2004, 11:08 AM
I like Aqua Mix sealers, never cared for Tile Lab though. I also like Stone Tech Bulletproof, seals very well but expensive. :)

dreamr
08-15-2004, 05:21 PM
Hey guys thanks, have never seen aqua mix out here but I'll be on the look out for it sounds like a good sealer( I'll have to give it a try.)

Rob Morita
08-15-2004, 09:35 PM
A tile place here sells the Miracle line of products. Is that any good?

David Taylor
08-16-2004, 03:30 AM
Miracle's 511 is a good sealer, too.

We happen to have a few containers of TYW Stone Armor left, although we don't have any more of the Neutral Cleaner. Some guy (hehe - you know who you are) in South Joisey found out we had it and bought it all up. ;)