need advice on buying tile cutter [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : need advice on buying tile cutter

lejeanseyboy
08-10-2004, 09:13 PM
As a budding tiler who has just branched out on his own i am finding that a lot of the jobs i am getting involve thick marble type tiles.This means having to rent out a heavy duty cutter as my ones just dont fit the bill.
Any of you guys know the best cutter for these big tiles?I am buying a new one and looking to spend not more than $400 or 280 odd. :bang:
I would like it to last me for at least a year or 2.....thanks for any tips.

Sponsored Links

lejeanseyboy
08-10-2004, 09:24 PM
Ive seen this one on ebay and it looks like the job says it cuts up to 35mm thick........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41504&item=3832765825&rd=1

Im based in Ireland so p&p aint a problem.

Jason_Butler
08-10-2004, 09:26 PM
I think the Rubi cutters are the best in the business. Check these out...

http://www.tile-stonetools.com/Rubi_Cutter.asp

Jason

Chris the Rep
08-11-2004, 03:55 PM
Rubi also has an office in the UK, where I'm sure they could put you in touch with a supplier there.

Their e-mail is info@rubi.co.uk

Post back or message me if you want the address or phone number.

Derek & Jacqui
08-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Rubi have been available in the UK for thirty plus years. If you get one you won't be sorry.

Airborne
08-11-2004, 07:14 PM
I'm a big Rubi fan. I've got a TS-60 that I purchased from a pawnshop. It was well used by it's previous owner. I've already put over a year on it and it shows no sign of slowing down (wish I could say the same for my body!). Spend the bucks on a Ruby and I am confident you'll not regret the investment.

lejeanseyboy
08-11-2004, 08:00 PM
Thanks guys,Rubi seem to be popular and getting rave reviews ill check em out. :cool:

Unregistered
08-25-2004, 05:01 PM
Hi,
I'm also from Ireland and looking to buy an electric tile cutter/saw for DIY purposes .
What one did you buy & where did you buy from?
I'm finding it hard to track down shops that sell them in Ireland, or online stores that deliver to Ireland.
I found a cheapo Plasplug one in Woodies for around 55 Euros.
But I'd like to be able to get other makes such as Felkers

Thanks,
Erfrun