Tiling Bathroom Floor [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Tiling Bathroom Floor

khans
08-09-2004, 11:42 AM
I'm in the process of tiling the floor of my basement bathroom. It had a vinyl floor with concrete underneath it when I started.

The first step was to remove the existing vinyl. It's turned into a very time consuming process (still working on it). The best method I've found for removing it is to use a lanoleum / vinyl knife (looks like a mini sickle) and gradually score small pieces of the vinyl and then scrape them off. Anybody have any pointers on better / easier ways to remove this stuff?

I've noticed that some of the places I've removed the vinyl off from, the concrete underneath has some dents / dings in it. What product would I use to repair those dings / dents before I lay tile on it?

thanks!

Sponsored Links

bbcamp
08-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Assuming the dings and dents are 1/4" or less in depth, then you will fill them as you thinset the tiles in place. If they are deeper, you can screed over with thinset, and let that cure before tiling. Really big holes need something like a concrete patching compound or deck mud, but I don't think that's what you have.