Insert pic test & fireplace example [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Insert pic test & fireplace example

Monicakm
08-07-2004, 05:55 PM
I wanted to test the new and improved method of attaching pictures (since I never figured out the old way). Attaching this one to show a couple posters the "dark warm walls" and the tile in front of the fireplace (vs carpet). Hope this works!
Monica

Sponsored Links

Monicakm
08-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Thanks again for the upgrades :yipee:

DaninDetroit
08-07-2004, 06:59 PM
Monica,

Thanks for the photo. Our room is similar in that the brick is white, and the walls are kind of a dark honey pine paneling.

What kind of tile is that on the floor? How does it stand up to errant cinders from the fireplace? Would a glazed tile be more susceptible to heat damage than something like slate or marble?

The area we are thinking of doing is approximately 4 feet by 24 - 30 inches. Is that too large for a slab?

Thanks again for the post!

Dan

Monicakm
08-08-2004, 12:00 AM
Dan, the Austin stone is really more off white/creamy than it appears in the photo. It's not that white. The tile floor in front of the fireplace is a GLAZED porcelain tile and it has stood up just fine to cinders, sap, etc. That's why we put it there. Glazed doesn't mean polished/shiny. Not really the color we would have chosen but we had to run the same tile from the kitchen, out onto the landing and into the den. I think you'd want to go with tile (vs slab).
Monica

John Bridge
08-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Great looking room, Monica. I can tell it's in East Texas. ;)