Hey! I'm a MUD MAN now! [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Hey! I'm a MUD MAN now!

Uncle_Bad_Dog
08-07-2004, 10:13 AM
Wow! That's all I can say! I mixed my first batch of fat mud and built my very first curb! And oh, what a strong and proud curb it was! I felt stupid, just staring at it so proudly last night. I could not have gotten this far on my bathroom project without you guys and this forum! I owe you BIG TIME!

Today: Finish mudding the shower pan; lay 1/4" Hardibacker on non-showered floors and start laying out tile attack plan.

Thanks again!
Dan

Sponsored Links

LadyGodiva
08-07-2004, 10:23 AM
Congratulations!! That's quite an accomplishment...but I feel a little jealous :cry:

Don't forget to post pictures :).

cx
08-07-2004, 10:25 AM
Kewl. :)

Don't feel stupid, Dan, not at all. "just staring at it so proudly," is a perfectly acceptable thing to do at a time like that - if you are alone.

If, however, there are other people around, also admiring your work we would presume, you must learn to use the more dignified posture for "standing around," which requires a rather casual appearance and only actually looking at your work out of the corner of your eye. You must appear to be simply waiting for your mud to set, or your thinset to slake, or for the proper planetary convergence so you can continue on with your exemplary work.

This is all explained in John Bridge's new book, I think, if you haven't yet ordered your copy. :D

Do feel good though, don't it. :)

davem
08-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Oh yeah, welcome to the club. There is something about mud isn't there? :)

Mike2
08-07-2004, 10:34 AM
You gonna give it a name Dan? Some peoples have pet rocks uno - no reason why Dan can't have a pet curb. :D

Just be careful today Dan while you're working in there...it's not fully cured...don't want to break a corner off that beauty.

John Bridge
08-07-2004, 01:39 PM
Way to go dan. You can tell CX has been at the standing around business for a while, eh? He does it almost better than I do. :D