Hardibacker for Curb?? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Hardibacker for Curb??

Uncle_Bad_Dog
08-06-2004, 08:20 AM
I could have sworn I saw this some place... can I use measured pieces of Hardibacker for the curb or does it have to be fresh deck mud??

Sponsored Links

bbcamp
08-06-2004, 08:26 AM
Neither. Fat mud. Mason's mix or brick mortar is used with lath to form the curb. Check the Liberry for the shower construction thread.

If you were doing a Kerdi shower, you could use backerboard or drywall for the curb.

Uncle_Bad_Dog
08-06-2004, 08:34 AM
Oh, you know, I should have remembered that... you can't nail or screw into the inside of the curb. I mean, I've been so paranoid about puncturing that membrane since we put it in, I think the wife is about to kill me... everytime she's around it, I keep reminding her to be careful...

e3
08-06-2004, 08:55 AM
another option is the "Pro Slope Curb" from Noble Co.

30all
08-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Even I used fat mud to build my curb, theorically, I don't see why you can not use CBU on outside wall of the curb, right? I had some difficulty to make the outside wall straight and plumb with fat mud and stick mud to lath behind, and inside wall is easier to deal with since it is shorter and not so visible.

Uncle_Bad_Dog
08-06-2004, 10:01 AM
That Noble Company curb thingy looks interesting... wonder how the results using that product have been? Just the same, I'm intending on using fat mud tonight on the curb anyway.

Jason_Butler
08-06-2004, 08:29 PM
I've used the Noble curb before. Nice product.

Jason