grout!!!! [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : grout!!!!

secretagentD
08-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Please help! I'm laying ceramic tile over a concrete patio ; the grout is dried and has produced a heavy haze, repeated scrubbing,scraping and now acid are having little effect. Is it hopeless?

Sponsored Links

Davestone
08-04-2004, 03:40 PM
How about some more info.,what kind of tile is it? what kinda grout? and how long has it been down?,and what have you used on it?

Unregistered
08-04-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by secretagentD
Please help! I'm laying ceramic tile over a concrete patio ; the grout is dried and has produced a heavy haze, repeated scrubbing,scraping and now acid are having little effect. Is it hopeless? THis is a sanded gtout that has been down for two weeks. so far, the acid solution is a bust.

Davestone
08-04-2004, 05:29 PM
Is it just a haze? ,or is it heavy?Did you use muriatic acid,or an acid cleaner,or sulfamic,or phosphoric,use a scrubbing pad? I'm trying to get a feel for what has happened,in order to help, without seeing it.If it it was just a haze,it would have come off by now.If you sealed the haze on, you'll have to strip it to get the haze off. If you etched the surface by using too much acid for too long, you've damaged the tile.See how complex this is? To really help a full explanation of what ya did is essential so we don't add to the problem.:)

secretagentD
08-04-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
THis is a sanded gtout that has been down for two weeks. so far, the acid solution is a bust. I'm using phosphoric acid and a nylon brush and a scraper right now . It's more than a haze its heavy in certain areas because of the texture of the tile

Davestone
08-04-2004, 09:23 PM
They have the heavy scouring pads for floor buffers that you can cut up and use, they work good,after the scraper, for the worst of it.Sometimes water and a small piece of cement block works well, if it's thick enough you don't scratch the tile.Acid won't do much till you get through the thicker stuff.Always spend time gettin it looking good while it's wet,cause the next day,it's too late!