Showerhead vs. Drain location [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Showerhead vs. Drain location

Andreas
08-04-2004, 10:19 AM
I am having difficulty positioning a ceiling mounted Hansgrohe Downpour Air 10" Showerhead vs. the central drain in a relatively square shower stall without either:

a) stepping on the drain or
b) bumping my elbow on the wall

The shower stall is 4'4" by 4'5-3/4". The south 4'5-3/4" wall is glass and includes the shower door, the opposite north wall is limestone and has a 5" deep wall length niche for shampoo, etc. The east and west 4'4" walls are limestone - the east wall has a wall mounted shower head on a slide.

The ceiling mounted Hansgrohe 10" Showerhead is planned to be 2'2" in from south wall, and approximately 1'3" in from west wall towards center. I have found when I stand in the shower I tend to stand diagonally so I can face out the glass so my right elbow bumps against the west wall. If I move the showerhead towards the center I may stand on the drain. Is this a problem? Would you suggest moving the showerhead on the diagonal rather than centered along one wall?

I am looking for optimal space and use. Please advise. Thanks!

Sponsored Links

bbcamp
08-04-2004, 10:33 AM
I'm not sure I see the problem. Set the ceiling shower head in the middle of the shower and stand with your feet straddling the drain. Keep your elbows tucked in. :D

If you plan you plumbing right, you can have your controls near the door so you don't have to get wet the adjust the water.

And a shower that big, you can afford to move around a little so everything gets wet. :D

Mike2
08-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Hi Andreas, welcome to the Forum. :)

Is this basically the layout you have? If so I'd most likely move the shower head in the vicinity of 'X' like Bob said. Standing on/over the drain wouldn't bother me none.

davem
08-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Yep, in my shower I stand in the middle and straddle the drain. No problem with that. :)

John Bridge
08-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Welcome aboard, Andreas. :)

Andreas
08-05-2004, 09:37 AM
Thanks, everyone for your help on the showerhead vs. drain location. Looks like people don't mind standing over the drain. Seems as if other participants are choosing not to center the drain, even in a square shower!

I'm moving closer to the drain, but still within reach of the shampoo bottles. Controls are going near shower door so I don't get wet until I want to.

Thanks!

bbcamp
08-05-2004, 10:18 AM
Can I ask why you are concerned about standing over the drain?