Pics from Mick Kovac [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Pics from Mick Kovac

John Bridge
07-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Mick Kovac sent me these pictures of the bathroom he completed with the help of the JB Forums.

Nice looking work, Mick. ;)

Sponsored Links

John Bridge
07-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Numero Dos

John Bridge
07-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Tres

John Bridge
07-28-2004, 03:58 PM
Vier :)

Steven Hauser
07-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Thanks Mick,

Looks good.

:D

Unregistered
07-28-2004, 04:04 PM
Those tiles on the floor are 13 x 13 in and the
wall
> tiles are 6 x 6 in. I can not owe that I installed the sink vanity.
That
> was done by two guys who do handyman work. Ditto on the commode.
> Everything else I did myself. The project took me about 16 months.
The
> bathroom including shower floor area is about 35 sq ft. Thanks for
posting
> the pics.
>
> Mick
>

Unregistered
07-28-2004, 04:16 PM
Plus I have had no functional problems with the shower. The guys at the local bar said. "maybe it won't leak right after you build it, but 8 months down the road it will start leakin' and crackin'". Well it has been a year in use now and no cracks, no leaks. It is solid. Why, because I took my time and followed JB forum advice all along the way. One digression is I did not do the balloon test, ie. plugging the drain with a balloon( or cork) and filling the pan with water overnight to see if it kept the same water level. I must have done it right coz it has not leaked.

Mick

cx
07-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Mmmm, that's almost two weeks per square foot, Mick. You're gonna hafta speed up a bit or charge a hellofa lot if you ever decide to turn pro. :D

But you got you a nice shower. :)

Mick
07-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Yes in retrospect it does seem like a long time to build a bathroom. I was taking classes and working full time so there were weeks where I did not work on it at all. Plus when you start up for the first time doing this type of work, the number of trips to HD, Lowes, ACE is 3 times what it normally would be. But thanks for the compliments on my shower.
Next project will be a kitchen back splash. Then the common bathroom. I indend to get fancier on the common bathroom.