Thanks for Saltillo/Lincon Advice [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for Saltillo/Lincon Advice

Mark in SoCal
07-23-2004, 11:40 PM
Thanks to the advice I received from this forum - especially from Dave the Mudman and John Bridge - my wife, son-in-law and I felt confident enough to tackle this difficult and complicated tile job. We used Tecate "Lincon" tiles on a concrete slab to make the front courtyard you see in the picture. My wife drew up the design, but the threshhold is all mine! I took several days off around Memorial Day and also four consecutive week-ends to complete this project - a lot of work!

I was a little dismayed by the breakage factor of these delicate tiles, but if you are looking for a Spanish/Mexican/Old California look, they are a must. We are quite pleased with our courtyard and now enjoy sitting and watching the sunset with a glass of fine wine!

We used painted talavera tiles from Mexico as insets, and bought 6x6 blue tiles, then cut them into 1 12" strips, to make the border. If you care to see more, paste this url into your browser to access a little photoshow my wife produced on our project.
www.photoshow.net/redir_main.php?show=PUYSOnGid

Mark in SoCal

Sponsored Links

Dog paws
07-24-2004, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the photoshow.

Way cool :cool:

John Bridge
07-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Hi Mark, :)

It's a great looking job, and an extensive one from the look of your slide show. Mucho concrete work. :)

If you would like to send me a couple higher res shots, I'll post them to the board for you. :)

john@johnbridge.com

Davy
07-24-2004, 06:40 PM
I liked the photo show, very nice job Mark.;)