Small hexagon bathroom tiles [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Small hexagon bathroom tiles

JCMullican
06-23-2001, 11:54 PM
I'm remodeling the bathroom in my 1915 home and would like to install the small 1 inch hexagonal white tiles with black grout. I haven't been very successful in finding them, however. The ones I have found are quite pricy. Do you have information on vendors selling these tiles in addition to pricing? Would you also suggest a suitable alternative design to these hexagon tiles that would fit a Colonial home?

Many thanks in advance,
John

Sponsored Links

Rob Z
06-24-2001, 07:32 PM
John

I don't know what happened to the earlier postings. If you didn't see them yet-try http://www.winburntile.com for the tile you need.

Rob

JCMullican
06-25-2001, 03:19 PM
Thanks Rob,

I don't know what happened either, but I added a reply last night regarding John's prior reply. It basically asked the question what other grout color, besides black, would you use with the white tiles? Also, what is grout releaser? I suspect that this would somehow coat the tile such that the black grout wouldn't stain the tile. Am I correct to assume that this would be especially important on unglazed white tiles?

Many thanks,
John

John Bridge
06-25-2001, 03:45 PM
I think some things might have been lost in the shuffle. Our site host is upgrading our equipment. I had the option of shutting down the board or taking a chance and leaving it up. Obviously, I left it up. Live and learn.

I did reply to the color question. The closest we come to black is charcoal gray. Use the grout release. Sponge it on about a half hour before you are ready to grout. Follow the instructions. It's no big deal.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

John

Rob Z
06-25-2001, 08:49 PM
Hi JC

A grout release just prevents the grout from getting absorbed into the porous surface of the tile. As John said, it's not hard to use. A lot of companies make them. I use Aqua Mis and Summitville grout releases.

Let us know how your project turned out.

Rob

JCMullican
06-25-2001, 10:16 PM
Thanks guys. I'll let you know how the project turns out.

Cheers,
John