Any thoughts on Semco for use on cracks in slab? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on Semco for use on cracks in slab?

Tile Rookie
06-19-2001, 03:07 PM
And the race is on! Of all the places I called HD managed to have some in stock, go figure! Right now this is all I can find. I don't mind paying if this stuff will help my floor! Not into doing things twice. So what do you guys think? Semco from Custom Building Products OK to use? This is one of four that was recommeded, and the only one I can find! See thread "Crack in Concrete Slab" below. Thanks for all your help. FYI as for the Ft. Worth Dallas area, not much is out there for the consumer or the DIY (I hate that phrase) or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places! Most of the tile stores I called don't carry anything to fix cracks, or they don't sell to the public! Bummer! Lowes had me on hold for too long so I gave up! I got lucky with the HD in my area someone has used it in the past and so they stock a small amount. Again any help on this would be great!

M.F.

Sponsored Links

John Bridge
06-19-2001, 03:55 PM
Yeah, use the Semco. Works good. Trowel it on one day -- tile the next.

You're telling me in all the Dallas area nobody carries crack suppression/isolation membrane? Not Daltile? Not Ceramic Tile International? Not American Olean? Not Marazzi? Not Master Tile?

Only Home Depot? We're doomed.

Where's Sonnie? He'll get to the bottom of this. Dallas is his area of operation.

Do they still refer to Ft. Worth as "Baja Oklahoma"?

[Edited by John Bridge on 06-20-2001 at 07:19 PM]

Bud Cline
06-19-2001, 04:50 PM
I'm sure Dal-Tile stocks all that stuff. I used to trade at the Dal-Tile I think in North Carrolton there and those guys stocked everything you could ever need.

LDavis
06-19-2001, 07:41 PM
I've used the Semco in the past, but don't like having to wait till the next day. (It is handy in an emergency though because Home Depot always seems to have some in stock) One of my favorites is Mapei's PRP M19. Its a synthetic rubber membrane that can be rolled and has a fabric reinforcing material included in the kit. The stuff dries fast, you can usually set tile on it within an hour or so.