Advice for cleaning up niche edges [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Advice for cleaning up niche edges

joen270
01-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Hello,

I have just completed my bathroom remodel. I installed a redi-niche and really love it. I have a glass/stone border around the tub and I decided to tile the niche using the border pieces. The issue I have is that the cut on the face of the horizontal shelf is a little jagged. This happened because the piece on the bottom was a very small it makes for a difficult cut even with my MK we tile saw. Anywho, I am looking for something I can place over over 90 degree lip to cover up the jagedness. As a temporary band-aid, I rubbed some clear silicone on the edges to smooth them out and avoid anyone cutting themselves.

I am thinking of something like a drywall corner protector but I would like it to be no more than a quarter inch. Does something like this exist or can someone help me clean this up?

See attachment

Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links

Davy
01-12-2014, 08:42 PM
Hi Joe, welcome. You may have to post a pic of what you have. You might experiment on a scrap piece using different grits of sand paper. Diamond pads can be bought for a little over a hundred bucks that will go on a grinder. I know they will work, at least help it some.

joen270
01-12-2014, 08:49 PM
I didn't even think of just picking up some diamond sand paper.

Davy
01-12-2014, 08:58 PM
That would be worth a try. Maybe put some on a palm sander.