Old Tile ? Brand Name [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

View Full Version : Old Tile ? Brand Name

12-16-2001, 10:05 PM
I had to remove a few tiles that were on the wall in a bathroom, in order to take off a chrome soap holder and toothbrush holder. Unfortunately, I broke 4 tiles. I was able to read the back of the tile, and it says:

Anderson Indiana

I have not been able to find them on the web.

Sponsored Links

John Bridge
12-17-2001, 06:38 AM
I have not heard of National. Maybe Dave G. has. He'll be around.

Floor Doctor
08-29-2002, 09:04 PM
What size - length and width and thickness - and color are the tiles?

Dave Gobis
08-30-2002, 07:29 AM
I know they are not around. Depending on how bad you need the tile ($500 or more for a few s/f) you could get sources to make the tile from http://www.tileheritage.org

06-09-2015, 10:40 AM
National Lifetime Tile was produced in Anderson IN from the late 1800s to 1966 according to Madison County Historical Society, Inc. I am remodeling a house in Anderson that was built in the early 60s and have two extra tiles in 3 colors: pastel green and cinnamon 4x4 tiles and glossy black bullnose and floor edging (sometimes called kickplate or mopplate.) I know that your post was 13 years ago but thought someone else might need the info. The other houses in our subdivision also had this tile so there may be other colors around. In fact, I know that one neighbor is planning to tear out and throw away an entire shower stall of platinum grey tiles. You can see these colors in the Indiana State Museum or at charlesbullock.net/Guide/IndustryHistry/NationalTile/NTPictures/NTPictures