How to Handle High Spots on Slab Concrete Floor [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : How to Handle High Spots on Slab Concrete Floor

tbeem1
06-07-2012, 11:10 AM
I recently had a new home built. It's been 1.5 years, and I now plan to build it out. I plan to install ceramic directly onto the concrete slab. Itís my understanding that if the slab is clean and level I shouldnít have any issues.

However, there are some high spots, specifically where the builder place the indent for the room divide. What is the best way to level out the concrete?

Iíve seen a lot of talk of self leveling agents, but really only about 125 of the 800 square feet are not exactly right, so using the self leveling agent doesnít seem right.

Any ideas? Thanks. Tom

Sponsored Links

cx
06-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Welcome, Tom. :)It’s my understanding that if the slab is clean and level I shouldn’t have any issues. Well...........
A clean slab is important, a level slab not important at all. The slab does need to be flat, though, and the larger the tile the flatter the substrate needs to be.

There could be other issues to consider, such as the condition of the slab, cracking, control or construction joints, etc.there are some high spots, specifically where the builder place the indent for the room dividePoured a bunch of slabs, built a bunch of rooms, but still don't know what you might mean there. High spots are usually dealt with by grinding them down.

And not sure what relevance the attached photo has to your tiling operation. Can you maybe give us more hints there? :)

My opinion; worth price charged.