Specks of grout of glass tiles [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Specks of grout of glass tiles

Juliaschneider
04-18-2012, 08:20 AM
I am sure this has been discussed somewhere on here but I can not find any advice. My father, who is a seasoned contractor installed beautiful Elida glass tile in my kitchen. He used a light/cream colored grount. The tile is multi colored and has different textured glass. Some of the glass has crevices and the grout did not come out. It looks almost speckled. The smooth glass tiles are perfect with no grout haze. I know that there are acids that can be used to remove grout. Are these products safe and are they effective and worth the effort? Or am I just stuck with speckled glass? lol :confused: Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links

The Kid
04-18-2012, 08:24 AM
Have you tried to go at it with a stiff brisled tooth brush?

Juliaschneider
04-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Yes....the brush didn't help at all....I read somewhere that someone used a brillo pad....wouldn't this scratch the glass?

Juliaschneider
04-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Bob,

Thank you so much for your response....how should I apply the vinegar so that it gets into the pores of the glass?

Houston Remodeler
04-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Use a q-tip or small sponge brush. When the fizzing stops the acid is neutralized. If the vinegar doesn't work, try sulfamic acid mixed with a little hot water.